From the kitchen of JoAnne Smith.
- 2 squares Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1-¾ cups Light Cream or 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Salt
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbs. Butter or Margarine
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Melt chocolate and light cream/evaporated milk in a double boiler
- Combine sugar and salt.
- Add enough of the heated milk/chocolate mixture to the sugar mixture to make a smooth paste, then pour it back into the rest of the chocolate mixture. Stir and cook until thick and smooth (It will be thicker when it cools).
- Stir in butter/margarine and vanilla.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Submitted by JoAnne Smith and originally published in the IFA Cooperator magazine (vol. 83, no. 1) Spring 2017.